Sunday, May 10, 2020

I'm Actually Having Fun At Home

The name "In Town And On Tour" originated from Hashtags I typically used on most of my Instagram posts. I would use "#TaylorInTown" if I was doing something cool in Atlanta, or pretty much anywhere else 2 hours away. If I ever went out of state or to a completely different part of Georgia, I would use "#TaylorOnTour."

This blog was meant to be an expansion of that, and I think I've done well in that regard. Sometimes I'm hard on myself because I know I should be writing more often, but I'm still proud of concert reviews, road trip recaps, and interviews that I've done on this blog.

Because of this Pandemic, Concerts and sports are both canceled, and traveling is very ill-advised. There's also that matter than I'm a grocery store worker, which is a challenging job to have right now, as much as I am happy to still have a job.

When I do get to spend any amount of time at home, whether it be a whole day off or whatever amount of time there is between getting home from work and going work the next day, I do find it enjoyable to just be home. However, I really want to get back to writing regularly. And I want to do it for fun, not just for school assignments.

One of the many "drafts" that I ended up deleting rather than posting was the story about how much fun I had when I took some paid time off from work for a "Staycation" at the end of December 2019. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun week. But I feel like there's an art to writing a successful blog post about just sitting around watching Netflix, or playing Video games for two weeks, and I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

I did promise one of my gaming friends that I would talk about our group's effort in the "Pro Clubs" mode on FIFA 20. For those that aren't familiar with the game, it's basically a co-op mode where each person creates their own player and locks into a position.  We've been winning a lot of games, which of course, adds to the fun, but I'm just happy to be playing with them regardless.

Since I'm the lone American on a team where the other 3 (sometimes 4) members are English, there are a lot of back and forth jokes, or "banter" as they like to call it about some of the cultural differences, and of course the usual jokes about each other's skills. They enjoy making fun of how Americans call it "Soccer," and I like to make fun of them when they miss an easy goal after I deliver a perfect pass to them. I choose to believe it all evens out in the end.

Maybe the key to writing about what I'm watching on Netflix is to dedicate a whole post to one show, instead of just creating a list, or just forcing it into a story that has a few different topics, such as this one.

I finished my Associate's Degree Program last December, and I've been binge-watching the show "Community" lately. Part of me feels like it might be fun to compare what I see on the show, and what I experienced during my time at Community College.

As I mentioned before the with the "staycation" piece that I decided to scrap, I don't see all of my story ideas as worth posting, as fun as they may be. I do think it's time for me to loosen my own restrictions on my creativity, so hopefully, I can do a better of posting more often and having a wider variety of subjects to post about

After all, this is my personal blog, and I enjoy writing, so it doesn't do me any good to continually overthink to the point where I just have no motivation to write for anything other than school assignments.

When I started this blog two years ago, I figured I'd have more than nine entries by now, but I don't. The only thing I can do is try to write more right now. In addition to wanting to entertain myself, I want to be able to make my writing routine enough so that when I am allowed to go back to attending events and taking road trips, I can start writing about the vast majority of them like I originally intended.

I might be a long way off from completing either objective, but I'm still pretty proud of myself for following through on this idea, especially since I came up with the idea on my break earlier today. I hope everyone who read this enjoyed it and stays safe as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Focusing On Fall Festivals

  I don't attend concerts as often as I did a few years ago. That's just the way it is. Whether it's time constraints, further d...